Against the Grain:
Skate Culture and the Camera
From Palace to Palace
Saturday 7 July 2018, 6—9pm
From Palace to Palace traces South London skate spots through the decades, highlighting sanctuaries for UK’s weathered scene. Photographic installations at six South London locations draw a historical lineage from Crystal Palace to the Southbank Undercroft, UK’s sovereign skate spot and home of Palace Skateboard team.
From Palace to Palace is based on the festival’s theme of Home, and an associate programme of Art Night, in partnership with Hayward Gallery. The public art event is part of the Against the Grain: Skate Culture and the Camera exhibition, celebrating the history of skateboarding with the photographers and filmmakers who documented the movement.
Dobie Campbell, Mike O’Meally, Jenna Selby, Skin Phillips, Winstan Whitter, Wig Worland
Win a signed poster by one of the photographers:
– Follow @atg_exhibition on Instagram
– Post at least one photo of From Palace to Palace posters found at the skate spots
– Tag your photos with @atg_exhibition and #frompalacetopalace #atgexhibition
– Go to the Long Live Southbank hub opposite The Undercroft of Southbank Centre
– Register for the chance to win a signed poster